Saturday, March 24, 2012

78 of 1001 Albums: Cream's Desraeli Gears


  I saw the album cover, and I knew I would be listening to the same sort of stuff I hadn't been enjoying again today.  The positive is that I can now identify a band, and name the song of a popular song I hear quite often on television still. That was one of the hopeful goals of this challenge. The music isn't bad though, but not particularly what I would want to listen to either. 
  I think the first thing that I noticed that I found interesting was the name, Cream. It reminded me of Cake, or something. It's appealing, and simple, and perhaps since it is a form of food it draws you in more. I probably won't listen to Cream again though. I'm just into the popular hippy music of the 60s. It sounds very similar, and doesn't catch me. 


2 comments:

  1. Cream's name comes from being the "Cream of the Crop" - referring to the band members being awesome separately, and forming this exponentially awesome supergroup.

    I grew up listening to Cream, but I have to say I prefer Eric Clapton solo. (Sorry Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the information! The name has interesting origins. I think it's been interesting seeing where certain very famous solo performers have gotten their start.

    ReplyDelete