Saturday, April 14, 2012

Book Review: Andrew Klavan's Crazy Dangerous


     Sam Hopkins is a good kid who has fallen in with a bad crowd. Hanging around with car thieves and thugs, Sam knows it’s only a matter of time before he makes one bad decision too many and gets into real trouble.But one day, Sam sees them harassing an eccentric schoolmate of his named Jennifer. When Sam finds the courage to face the bullies down, he loses a bad set of friends and acquires a very strange new one.
  Because Jennifer is not just eccentric. To Sam, she seems downright crazy. She has terrifying hallucinations involving demons and the devil and death. And here’s the really crazy part: Sam is beginning to suspect that these visions may actually be prophecies—prophecies of something terrible that’s going to happen very soon. Unless he can stop it.
With no one to believe him, with no one to help him, Sam is now all alone in a race against time. Finding the truth before disaster strikes is going to be both crazy and very, very dangerous.

This was probably one of the most impressive Christian fiction books I have read to review. It is an extremely fast paced, edgy, young adult novel. I wasn't expecting to have this much trouble putting down the book when I began it, but I kept wanting to know what would happen next. I just think it's great that I've finally reviewed a book I would gladly recommend to someone else.
   Starting off reading the book I found myself wondering if I would like it because it mislead me to think it might be more based in the supernatural than I had expected it would be. It turns out the author does a nice job of blending the supernatural world with problems that are happening in Sam's life. I also really found
myself looking forward to Jennifer's story inclusions too. Everything for the most part seemed realistic enough to relate to everyone especially with how the parents' treated Sam even though it came off stereotypical.
The only bit that was a tad annoying was the dialogue between Sam, and Jon when they spoke. I can't stand terrible grammar, but I understand why the author wrote it that way. It's rare I see anyone, especially teens try to use anything but "u", or "y" when they know it'll get the message out quicker.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this book. I highly enjoyed reading it, and found it to be one of the best thrillers I have read this year for teens, and adults. You can check it out Amazon.



This book was provided by Booksneeze in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment